Children at Holy Trinity
Our vision is that children of all ages will come to know Jesus and grow in their faith to be his lifelong followers.
We will achieve this by…
Introducing children of all ages to Jesus, through outreach ministries
“Jesus said, ‘Let the little children come to me, and do not hinder them, for the kingdom of heaven belongs to such as these.’” Matthew 19:14
Teaching the whole counsel of God (the Bible) faithfully, through our Sunday groups
“All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness, so that the servant of God may be thoroughly equipped for every good work.” 2 Timothy 3:16-17
Building relationships and modelling Jesus-centred lives, through committed group leaders
“Because we loved you so much, we were delighted to share with you not only the gospel of God but our lives as well.” 1 Thessalonians 2:8
Being connected to the church as a whole, through encouraging serving and intergenerational ministry, including all age services
“In Christ we, though many, form one body, and each member belongs to all the others. We have different gifts, according to the grace given to each of us.” Romans 12:5-6a
Partnering with parents, to equip whole families to learn and grow together
“These are the commands, decrees and laws the Lord your God directed me to teach you…. Impress them on your children. Talk about them when you sit at home and when you walk along the road, when you lie down and when you get up.” Deuteronomy 6:1, 7
Youth at Holy Trinity
What are we?
Part of HT’s church’s life, for young people from age 11 to 18!
We’re not another church, but LOVE the church, and believe the Bible has shown that God has chosen the church, His people, to be the place where Christians will spend their whole lives worshipping Him and serving others (Heb. 10:24-25)
Why do we exist?
Because we believe in an amazing God, and want to give Him all the worship and honour that He deserves. He created our wonderful world, and made us so we could be known and loved by Him (Gen. 1)
! And He has brought us back into relationship with Him forever, after we’d turned away (Rom. 5:6-11), and continues to rule all His creation in His goodness!
How do we aim to do that?
We give God the glory he deserves as we spend time together, and enjoy all the great gifts He’s given us, like pizza and waffles, hot chocolate, table tennis, football, and intense Connect 4 championships. But, the main way we aim to give God all the honour He deserves is by…
Making People Who Know Jesus – Living life as a Christian is all about loving God and loving others. Our prayer is that all our young people will grow up to live their whole lives knowing, loving, and following Jesus! We want to help them to:
Who Make Jesus Known
know and trust the timeless, amazing truths of our Christian faith, which God has revealed to us in creation, in the Bible, and through Jesus
see how these truths affect everything we do
guide them into living their whole lives for Jesus
think-through all the questions that they have
encouraging and equipping them to stick with Jesus even when it’s hard
become established in, and committed to church as God’s people for life
– As our young people learn to know the goodness of God, and to know, love and follow Jesus, our prayer is that they’ll see how this is just too good to keep to themselves, and that God will grow a desire in their hearts to make Jesus known to others, too! We work to encourage and equip our young people to live their whole lives in a way that will make Jesus known.
Youth Ministry team
– Whether full-time church ministry staff like Gareth or Lucy, or any of our amazingly committed volunteers, we’re grateful that God has given us the opportunity to lead our young people in peer groups.
– But our role is not to replace parents. We have, compared to parents, such limited time with our young people each week, and we’re certain that God has called on parents to make disciples of their own children (Deut. 6:1-9). We get that this is hard, and so we want to do all we can to help parents in this.
– God has also given us the amazing gift of the whole church family! And this is where our young people will be for their whole lives. So, as well as our youth ministry, our whole church family has a part to play in helping grow disciples of our young people.
What goes on regularly?
– group for young people aged 11-14 (school years 7-9), that meets on a Sunday from 5-6.15pm, before our evening service.
– our group for young people aged 14-18 (school years 10-13), that meets on a Sunday from 7.45-9pm, following the 6.30 evening service.
Sunday morning catch-up
– 10-15-minute gathering (with snacks!) for young people aged 11-18 who have been in the 10am morning service.
– our midweek evangelistic group for young people aged 11-18 (school years 7-13), that meets on a Thursday from 7-9pm.
– For young people aged 14-18, they have the opportunity to meet with appropriate adults and/or other young people of the same age, to read the bible, pray and encourage one another in daily Christian life.